The World Is A Water Park, And Since 1950 Hobie's Made The Best Rides.
They've surfed. They've sailed. And to each sport, they've brought flat-out, live-fast, have-fun, adventure.
All of which is precisely what you get with each of our models of Hobie Kayaks. Of course, they've also brought something brilliantly new to the sport of kayaking: Pedals.
Each of our Hobie Mirage® models has our patented MirageDrive® pedaling system. Which will take you further, faster, with a huge emphasis on fun.
Here's how the MirageDrive actually works: you pedal by stepping alternately left and right, not unlike an exercise stepper, to drive two underwater flippers. They work much like a penguin's fins to propel the Hobie Mirage with surprising speed and ease. All of which lets you go into kayaking. Feet first.
Leave it to Hobie to make kayaks that fly. Each Hobie Kayak is a seamless, roto-molded, polyethylene torpedo. Sturdy. Stable. And indeed, swift. The result? boats that effortlessly, gracefully, glide.
It's fast, it's sleek, it reduces wetness. All our kayaks have a closed-deck design with self-draining scuppers and seats to keep you dry.
But wait, there's more. Not only are Hobie Kayaks easy to paddle, they're easy to pull. With sure-grip handles both fore and aft. For those rare moments when you're not paddling, most models offer on-deck paddle storage. Our molded-in cup holders bring beverage service to the main cabin.
The Power of Hobie Mirage Drive
- The MirageDrive is easy to use, quiet and creates no splash.
- Leaves your hands free for fishing, photography or holding a drink.
- Your feet rest naturally on the pedals, for quick, effortless, back-and-forth motions.
- Much faster and more efficient than paddling.
- The large muscles in your legs produce more powerful propulsion versus using your arms on a paddled kayak.
- No annoying dripping water from a paddle.